Sunday, January 25, 2015

Goals- week#3

I made 10 goals for 2015 and I'm going to report on them here, to help hold myself accountable.

FAMILY:
1. Family Home Evening every week. 
*Three weeks in! Whoop Whoop. You can read about those here if you missed them

I found this quote I liked:  “We all know the struggle necessary to retain family home evening. There are thieves among us who would steal our Monday nights. But the promises of the Lord made 84 years ago and reiterated by our Prophets today, have never been revoked and are there for us: ‘If the saints obey this counsel, we promise that great blessings will result. Love at home and obedience to parents will increase. Faith will be developed in the hearts of the youth of Israel, and they will gain power to combat the evil influence and temptations which beset them.” Neil L. Anderson, Prophets and Spiritual Mole Crickets. October 1999 General Conference.

2. Family Fun Day every month
*Originally scheduled for the 24th, but we'll have to bump it back to the 30th. Life keeps getting in the way.

3. Epic summer vacation
*More on that in a few months.

HOME:
4. New Floors
*We're waiting for tax season on this one, but we've measured and Hubbie's arranged time off in the end of February. I've never been so excited to do my taxes!

5. Finish "the list"
 *Bummer on the dryer front... I paid a guy $55 to come tell me my motor was shot and I needed a new one. So we spend 4 hours shopping around, find one at home depot, spend 30 minutes at check out cause their machine is acting up, rent a truck to bring it home, personally unload a HEAVY dryer, take the truck back. Get the dryer out of the box, realize we need the plug off the old dryer, realize that someone has already taken the old dryer off the curb, go back to home depot to buy a new plug, get the electric all put together, take the washer out so we can hook up the dryer, put the washer back, turn dryer on .... It's broken. Like making a terrible noise, won't spin broken. We call Home Depot and at first the manager was like, Sorry, I don't show record of this purchase, but we finally convinced him that we have a receipt... and he called around to another store, found us another one and had it delivered and took the old one back. In the mean time, we hit the laundromat with $20 in quarters and 7 loads of laundry. That sure piles up quick!
Back to "the list" though... since we were renting a truck, we bought a security door too and crossed one whole thing of the list. I'm calling it progress!

PERSONAL:
6. Get healthy/loose weight
*I rocked this week food/exercise wise. When you do the 21 day fix right, it works so good. I was completely dedicated and lost 3.5 pounds this week alone. I'm down 4.8 pounds- goal for January is 5 pounds and I have a week left!

7. Sew a new wardrobe item every month.
I made one for me and SiSi. Being a girl is so much fun:)  More details on mine here.

SPIRITUAL:
8. Daily, meaningful prayer. 
*I've been so busy with work, kids, school and life that I feel like my constant prayers are the only things holding me together.

9.Do my visiting teaching each month.
*Yay! I did my visiting teaching, and told my partner about my goal and she's happy to help me with it. Turns out my partner is pretty awesome.  And one of my sisters I visit is also pretty awesome and I hope I can become good friends with them. My other sister I visit had strep so we just dropped off cookies.
10. Attend the temple at least once a month.
*Well, it was on the calendar for yesterday, but we just couldn't make it happen. The scouts sprung a camping trip on me and took my babysitter up to Flagstaff to camp in the snow. I have one more week and by dang-it, I will make this goal.

Well, there's my report for the week. I'll check in again next week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment