Thursday, January 1, 2015

2015 Goals



Happy New Year! Where the heck did 2014 go?

 Here we all are STILL AWAKE at midnight. We kissed everybody goodnight at 12am, and were all fast asleep by 12:10!

I made 10 goals for the NEW YEAR and I'm going to report on them here, to help hold myself accountable.  

FAMILY:
1. Family home evening every week
     *I'm thinking I need to come up with some kind of list of topics, so that at 5pm on Monday, I'm not   caught off guard and tempted to forget it.
2. Family fun day every month
     *It's on the calendar for January 24th- I'll let you know what we do.
3. Epic summer vacation
     *More on this in a few months:)

HOME:
4. New floors:
    *This is the 3rd house I've lived in with white tile. I vowed on our house hunt, that if our house had white tile, it was coming out immediately. Well, our house has worse white tile than every before and although some of it has already come out, the rest needs to go. Can you see the lovely pattern in the picture above? Fortunately, the room above (the family room) and the living room, are now carpet. But it's still in all the walkways, office, kitchen, hall, dining room and bathrooms. Here's hoping Uncle Sam is kind to us come tax season!
5. Finish "the list"
   *"THE LIST" hangs on the side of the fridge and is full of things that need to be done around the house to really get it to where we want it. It covers everything from hang quotes on the walls, to paint the ceiling, to plant a tree. I've done all of 3 things so far. *sigh*

PERSONAL:
6. Get healthy/loose weight
   *More on this as we go along, but Scott & I are starting the "21 day fix" journey and our goals for January are Me: lose 5lbs, Scott: lose 6lbs (he just wants to beat me). 
 Here we are on day 1 after having our butts kicked by Autumn. This is Scott's first go around, I've had some success with the Exercise/Eating program before!
7. Sew a new wardrobe item every month
  *I haven't decided what to sew yet, but I have a pinterest board dedicated to this and I'm excited to pick something.

SPIRITUAL:
8. Daily, meaningful prayers.
   *I really worked hard on this for a religion class I took this last semester, but when the 8 week assignment was over, I just stopped.  President James E. Faust said:
  “Access to our Creator through our Savior is surely one of the great privileges and blessings of our lives. I have learned from countless personal experiences that great is the power of prayer. No earthly authority can separate us from direct access to our Creator. There can never be a mechanical or electronic failure when we pray. There is no limit on the number of times or how long we can pray each day. There is no quota of how many needs we wish to pray for in each prayer. We do not need to go through secretaries or make an appointment to reach the throne of grace. He is reachable at any time and any place.” (July 2002, The Lifeline of Prayer) 
9. Do my visiting teaching every month.
   *This will be such a challenge for me, I don't know why! I plan to talk to my partner on Sunday. Transitioning to this new ward has been tough for us but it's time to get down to business.
10. Attend the temple at least once a month.
  *Planned on the calendar for Jan 17th.

Well, there you have it. I don't think any of them are un-attainable. I'm excited to share this year with you, and let you know how I do!


1 comment: