Monday, September 29, 2014

Best Mom EVER

It's official, This girl right here, has been deemed BEST MOM EVER. Thank you, Thank you.
 Over the past few months, we've made each kid a pinterest board and scoured the internet for inspiration for their bedrooms. We started with Sprouts room, cause he has a serious "Nobody loves me" complex.

Here is a before shot of the room.
 The blue paint was so bright it was blinding. We had to actually nail on the baseboards and caulk around them (There was like one nail per wall, they were practically just leaning against the wall). Those closet doors were new, and they had just set them there. They are about 2 inches too long, and you couldn't even budge them. The blue was all over the edge of the ceiling and the baseboards.


.
 We kept the blue for the stripe, no sense in doing more work than is necessary. Now it still has a lot of fun color, but it's not so blinding. There is a 3rd poster: Guardians of the Galaxy, but I couldn't fit it in the picture.
 We made these out of the cheapest thin wood I could find at the store.  We had fun doing them, I of course can see all of the imperfections in them, but he's so proud of them.
This was my first major vinyl project I did using my silhouette cameo. I seriously love it. It was pretty hard to get up there, I'm sure it'll get easier. When I was done, I stepped down to see that the BATMAN in the middle is crooked, (and I may have cried just a little bit over that) but he loves it so, it'll do.

I had a major accident in this room, and was sure I had destroyed his brand new carpet!  I was painting the baseboards, and hurrying to have it done before I had to pick Sprout up from school. I had set the can of paint on the carpet at the end of the bed. Well, when I got to the other side of the bed I shoved it out of the way and finished the room. When I stood up to leave (with just 5 minutes to be to the school) I discovered that I had knocked over the paint can when I had shoved the bed. Literally a whole can of white paint had spilled and had been soaking into the carpet for probably 15 minutes.

This was what I posted on facebook:

If you text your husband "oh my gosh. Huge emergency. Call me asap" he will assume someone has drowned. Then when you tell him that no, you only spilt a whole gallon of paint on the carpet, he'll be so relieved that someone isn't dead, he won't even be mad, and he'll suggest we go area rug shopping. True story:(

Fortunately, I have to help people through this situation over the phone quite often. Spilled paint, what do you do first? Call the carpet cleaners. So I knew what to do, but I HAD to go get the kids. So I soaked a towel and layed it over it and then ran out the door. When I got home I went to work with my shop-vac. I had to scoop up as much of the paint as I could, then I just started pouring water on it and sucking it out with the shop-vac. I filled the shop-vac twice I used so much water. Shockingly I got it all out. I can tell that that spot has a lighter tint to it, but no one else can. If anything else, it just looks cleaner in that area. 

Total cost with the new bedding was just under $150. Not bad, and I have one happy kid.  Next up, one seriously FROZEN little girls room!

1 comment: