Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Food for thought...

I thought I'd share with you this cool quote I found while studying this week. Elder Bruce R. McConkie said

"When we as Latter-Day Saints talk about marriage, we are talking about a holy, celestial order. We are talking about a system out of which can grow the greatest love, joy, peace, happiness and serenity known to humankind. We are talking about creating a family unit that has the potential of being everlasting and eternal, a family unit where a man and wife can go on in that relationship to all eternity, and where mother and daughter and father and son are bound by eternal ties that will never be severed. We are talking about creating a unit out of which exaltation and eternal life grow; and when we talk about eternal life, we are talking about the kind of life that God our Heavenly Father lives." 

Isn't that so great?!? I feel so privileged to have this knowledge, that I can spend eternity with my husband and that the bond between me and my parents, and me and my children can not be severed. Satan is working overtime to try and destroy the sanctity of marriage, and he is proving successful in so many ways. Elder Bednar said "Satan does not have a body, he cannot marry, and he will not have a family. And he persistently strives to confuse the divinely appointed purposes of gender, marriage, and family. Throughout the world, we see growing evidence of the effectiveness of Satan's efforts."  I suppose the only reason Satan would try to destroy something so hard is if it is vital to our exaltation as marriage is. Sorry Satan, I refuse to let you win on me!

2 comments:

  1. You put some wonderful words on your blog. Great words to ponder and blessings to be grateful for.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You put some wonderful words on your blog. Great words to ponder and blessings to be grateful for.

    ReplyDelete