Thursday, March 19, 2015

Food for thought

I read an article on facebook about Celebrity Women and why they don't have children. Read it here. Their responses made me sad. Though a couple said things like "My life is amazing enough" several others said things like "Childhood was horrible, why would I do that to a child" or "I'm sure I'd screw them up" (granted I'm probably totally doing that to my kids) and another said that kids give her a headache (totally true there too).

The thing is, I just can't imagine life with out these little boogers.





I feel like they are why I am here. I was born to be their mother. I was born to teach them and raise them in love. Sure I threaten to strangle at least one of them on a daily basis. They know I do it out of love though!

Sister Julie B Beck said: "Who will prepare this righteous generation of sons and daughters? Latter-day Saint women will do this—women who know and love the Lord and bear testimony of Him, women who are strong and immovable and who do not give up during difficult and discouraging times. We are led by an inspired prophet of God who has called upon the women of the Church to “stand strong and immovable for that which is correct and proper under the plan of the Lord.”6 He has asked us to “begin in [our] own homes”7 to teach children the ways of truth. Latter-day Saint women should be the very best in the world at upholding, nurturing, and protecting families. I have every confidence that our women will do this and will come to be known as mothers who “knew” (Alma 56:48)."

1 comment: